Wednesday, April 11, 2007

THE GREAT FIREWALL JUST BECAME GREATER

Chinese President Hu Jintao is taking further steps to increase Internet censorship. It already takes a lifestime - and at times is downright impossible - to get into blogspot, hotmail and countless other sites, so it is rather perplexing as to how much further Internet restrictions can go without seriously hindering communication capabilities in the nation. The full article is available at CNN.


Firstly, if Web 2.0' is the newest key to democracy, will such restrictions affect China's economic growth and development? Secondly, as we've seen the greater the restrictions, the greater the rise of tactical media in China. Are we heading for another clash as the gap between conservative Chinese politicians and the techno-savvy, outspoken younner generation grows too wide?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

Anonymous said...

hello everyone. I'm really into shoes and I have been digging as far as something that exact make. The prices for the velcros are all over 230 bucks everwhere. But completely I base this area selling them for half price. I absolutely love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably order these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

hi dudes. I'm really into shoes and I was searching as far as something that singular make. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers were about 310 dollars on every page. But for all I found this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I really want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order these. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

What's Happening i'm fresh on here, I stumbled upon this site I find It incredibly accessible and it's helped me out a lot. I should be able to give something back and assist other users like its helped me.

Thanks, See You Around